Manufacturing is The Economic Backbone of our State
- The average salary for a manufacturing job is $60,850; the average salary for other jobs in the state of South Carolina is $45,694.
- The manufacturing sector employs directly or indirectly more than 700,00 – approximately 30% of all jobs.
- There are more than 6,000 manufacturing facilities in our state.
- The economic impact of manufacturing on the state of South Carolina is estimated to be between $194 billion and $206 billion annually.
- Manufacturing creates more jobs than virtually any other sector and has a multiplier effect of 2.4.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics