Max Metcalf Elected Chairman of the South Carolina Manufacturers Alliance
(Charleston, SC) – The South Carolina Manufacturers Alliance (SCMA) has elected Max Metcalf, Manager of Government and Community Relations at BMW Manufacturing Company, LLC, as the next Chairman of the organization’s Board of Directors. The election took place today at SCMA’s two-day annual statewide meeting taking place in Charleston, SC.
“I am honored to be elected by my colleagues to serve as Chairman of such an important organization for manufacturers,” said Metcalf. “As the voice of South Carolina manufacturing, SCMA has been the leader for more than a century in representing the needs and interests of manufacturers throughout our state. I look forward to continuing the work to strengthen our industry.”
Max Metcalf is a 1986 graduate of Clemson University where he received a Bachelor’s in Arts degree in Economics. Metcalf was the Director of Transportation and Intergovernmental Relations in the Office of Governor Carroll A. Campbell, Jr., District Administrator for the Office of Congressman Bob Inglis, Vice President of Public Policy with the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce until joining BMW in 2001. In addition to being an active member of the SCMA, Metcalf serves on the Board of Directors for the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce, Public Affairs Steering Committee of the National Association of Manufacturers, and the Upstate SC Alliance. He is a recipient of the Order of Palmetto.
Additional SCMA Board Members that were elected include:
• Chairman: Max Metcalf, BMW Manufacturing Company, LLC
• First Vice Chairman: April Allen, Continental Tire
• Second Vice Chairman: Todd Croker, FujiFilm Manufacturing USA, Inc.
• Treasurer: Curtis Hutto, Thompson Construction Group
SCMA Board of Directors
Terms Expiring 2020
• Chuck Claunch, Duke Energy
• Scot Fischer, FN America
• Garry Flowers, Fluor Corporation
• Chris Gullott, Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
• Chuck Hall, William Barnet & Son, LLC
• Dan Royston, A.O. Smith Water Products Company
• Steve Slesinski, Nucor Steel Berkeley
Terms Expiring 2021
• Kristen Blanchard, Nutramax Laboratories
• Bill Bowen, Inman Mills
• Derick Close, Springs Creative Products Group
• Hope Lanier Freeman, BP Americas
• Chris Heard, Sage Automotive Interiors
• Jann Moore, Caterpillar, Inc.
• Tommy Preston, The Boeing Company
Terms Expiring 2022
• Kevin Brown, Milliken & Company
• Mike Fox, Lockheed Martin
• Kevin McAtamney, Volvo Car USA
• Arnhelm Mittelbach, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC
• Leesa Owens, Michelin North America, Inc.
• Jeff Teague, VTL Precision