SCMA members have access to an association health plan that is provided in partnership with BlueCross BlueShield of SC and NFP. Under the plan, known as the SCMA Group Insurance Trust, SCMA member employers have access to medical plans as well as options for dental, vision, life, and disability. The plan is designed to meet the needs of any sized employer; however, there are significant advantages for smaller businesses. This plan can be a great alternative to small business plans that are subject to provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
Reasons to consider participation in the SCMA Group Insurance Trust:
- Employers will gain many of the regulatory advantages enjoyed by larger employers by joining together with other member companies
- A broad selection of medical plans that align with your business
- Medical benefits are insured by A+ rated medical carrier, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- A dedicated partner, NFP, to help members through the proposal and implementation process
- Reduced administrative costs and greater negotiating power stemming from larger risk pools and greater economies of scale
- A composite premium rate structure applicable to every covered employee rather than a single age-banded rate that varies by each employee and each covered dependent, as mandated by the Affordable Care Act. Rates are not tobacco rated.
- A consolidated bill with all SCMA Group Insurance Trust sponsored benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Free COBRA administration for all association purchased coverage
- A team of professionals through Capstone Administration to support you and keep you compliant while meeting the administration needs associated with offering a group benefit plan
- Online Enrollment capability
- Consolidated e-billing and support with ongoing enrollment changes
For more information, please contact Steve Love with NFP at 843-224-2047 or firstname.lastname@example.org.